Monday, July 10, 2006

Maple Marvels (and Football Fever)

The World Cup is inescapable. Italy has just won. You know my feelings about the Italian team so let us never speak of them again.

Yay I'm in Toronto!!! Have done my bit for Canadian Tourism and have enjoyed the following:

  1. gone up the CN Tower,
  2. took a boat tour of Lake Ontario,
  3. got sprayed by Niagra Falls,
  4. attended the Summer Street Festival,
  5. visited the Art Gallery of Ontario

The first hostel I stayed at I had two lovely roomies, Cindy from Korea who's studying English in Calgary, and Silvia from Switzerland who's travelling and about to work on a farm north of Toronto. Spent time with them individually as one left when the other one came so I had companions for the week I was staying there. The hostel itself was a little overwhelming as it was huge and had a bar which meant parties every night (and a little underwhelming in the amenities department). I needed somewhere a little less rowdy where I can think about finding a job in peace and be well rested for any interviews. I found another hostel just down the road and it's been a delight staying here. Lots of great people including Anna from Melbourne who's done the ski season and heading to the UK in a few month's time.


L: Toronto skyline from Lake Ontario; R: Me and Cindy from Korea on "Maid of the Mist", boat tour of Niagra Falls.


L: Me at an art exhibition in Nathan Phillips Square; R: Me and Swiss Silvia - goodluck on the farm Silvia hope the animals are nice to you.


L: Me and Anna from Melbourne at the Summer Street Festival; R: View of Skydome from the CN Tower lift.


L: Tricycle, a pyrotechnics performance group at the Street Festival in Yonge St; R: Works by Henry Moore at the Art Gallery of Ontario. Free admission on Wednesday evenings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi chickie,

I forgot to mention earlier, we've receive dur postcards recently! Thanks for thinking of us :) You sound like you're having the time of your life. I love the pics of food on your blog too - makes me hungry!

Anonymous said...

Hey man, where are the updates????

Anonymous said...

Geez, you must be having fun - too much fun to type . . . .