Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Simplest Things

'Tis true, I haven't kept up my blog since landing in Toronto.

It hasn't been the easy ride I thought it was going to be. Job market here is apparently very good, so said the customs officer who let me into the country, so said the hostel owners who answered my queries, so said the recruitment agency who's put me on their books. So what's the god damn problem? Why am I still not employed? This gives me the sickening conclusion that I'm not good enough for anything. It's an awful feeling and I know it's not the truth, but it does have an influence on the positivity you try to maintain.

As for living arrangements, I'm still on the floor of a friend's friend's one bedroom apartment. I am thankful I have a place to sleep but at the same time it is far from an ideal situation.

At almost two months in Toronto I'm beginning to feel a little frazzled and worried how the next ten months will pan out.

But let's not leave this entry on a bad note.

In the late afternoon/early evenings, I usually sit on my friend's deck in downtown Toronto and watch the sky. The fading light is beautiful to watch as it plays on the clouds and the summer breeze makes sitting outside very comfortable. It's reminiscent of home and I like that a lot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She lives! Hang in there, chickie! Think of all the uplifting phrases like:
* The sun will come up tomorrow
* Success is born out of struggle
* She'll be comin' round da mountain when she comes

Anonymous said...

Tina is back online! We missed your amusing tales :-)

I understand though. I am sure you were busy sampling the coffee in Toronto.

Anonymous said...

"This too shall pass."

lots and lots of love and hugs.

Janey

Anonymous said...

ciao bella,
i came across:
http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/images/ttchimes-nu3.wav
and thought of little tina, standing on the subway, waiting for the train to take her some place.
be good!

kian

The Luddite said...

Haha, thanks guys. I'll def be comin' round da mountain, with my coffee in hand (can't seem to live without it), grab a hug or two before I get on that subway to the good life.

Cheers y'all :)