Thursday, December 07, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like christmas

It snowed for the first time on Monday and I took a pic from my bedroom window on Tuesday morning when I woke up. It was only a light dusting of snow but already looks so different than when I first moved in:

L: October; R: December

We also bought and decorated our tree on Friday. It's my first tree would you believe? Two years ago I made my tree out of cardboard like a right poor Martha Stewart (you'll never see those last three words in succession anywhere!).


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have a real Christmas tree this year - we've always had plastic so it should be fun. Although I've already been warned of the messy pine needles & possible possums nesting in the branches....

The Luddite said...

i've seen shops selling big canopy type bags that you place on the floor then put your tree in the centre, to catch all the needles and once christmas is over you pull the bag up over the tree and dispose! neat idea in all sense.

enjoy the lovely pine smell of your real tree :)

Corrinne said...

I remember the lovely cardboard tree that you made for us Tina. I reckon I can still find a photo of it somewhere too :)

Unknown said...

Damn, I'm a sucker for modernist architecture.

The Luddite said...

ooh corin if you can email me a pic if you can find it that'll be awesome thanks.

Anonymous said...

I was going to give you a challenge. Steve Jacobs from the Today show is doing his weather reports from Canada. So the challenge to you is to go to wherever he will be tomorrow (Thursday your time, Friday morning ours) and give him a smack on the lips during his 7am live telecast. Are you up to the challenge?