Thursday, November 08, 2007

Small Things

I buy breakfast in Taipei. One rice ball (stuffed with pickled white radish, pork floss and fried dough stick - trust me, it's good) costs NTD$30. I buy the same rice ball, plus soy milk, in Taichung and it's also NT$30.

A very small yet affective way of demonstrating the difference in cost of living between major and minor cities.

QED

...Ok, so it's a very slow morning at work today. Actually everyday is a slow day at work for me. I feel like I'm getting away with being paid for doing not very much at all. I suppose it's not much different to my last job in Canada, I didn't do much there at all either, but I didn't have a manager sitting right behind me like I do here now, so any chance I have to sneak a line or two onto this blog is considered subversive behaviour. Hence the gratification. Ah the gratification.

No comments: