Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rock Star

The vice president of the country is visiting our company right now. He's in the screening room viewing some of our works and all staff had to don company t-shirts (yay team... that was sarcasm in case anyone missed it) to welcome him when he entered the foyer. Our boss lady was drooling.

Lots of national security men are standing around our office space. I feel sorry for these guys, especially ones posted at areas of lesser security risk. It's a lot of standing around, being bored but not allowed to show it. But it makes me feel uncomfortable as well. I'm obviously not doing work but updating my blog and the guy standing behind me is well aware of this fact.

I wonder if I should offer him some Kangaroo jerky I brought back from Sydney last week.

But they do look a lot better than the guys that were guarding prime minister who visited earlier this summer. Those guys wore what I assumed to be regulation issued short sleeve business shirts designed to make anyone look like they are wearing a moo-moo. With a collar. So they looked like scrawny guys in over-sized shirts. The prevalence of glasses wearing among the men also took away from the hard body guard image.

I guess the vice president is about to leave, there are lots of cheering and clapping in the foyer. Though mostly led by one person. And Elvis has left the building.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice.......wish I was there to join in the festivities. I love sleazy politicians, they always make me feel better about myself.