Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Drudgery

Tired. So so tired.

Working full time again. Public transport in peak hour. Fluorescent lighting.

I even have a cubicle.

God help me.

It's no where near as fun and exciting as one of my favourite films, Working Girl. In that movie, lowly secretary Melanie Griffith makes her way to top in mergers and aquisitions in investment banking with her padded shoulders, big hair and icy blue eyeshadow. Throw in handsome Harrison Ford as love interest and that all time favourite sing-along song 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton that enormously jovial song bird and you have any little girl's dream come true. Alright just mine maybe. Look I grew up in the 80s OK?

Just over a week ago I got a job as a lowly secretary in wholesale bank finance of an investment bank.

But there's no theme song. There's no Dolly to cheer me up with her big enthusiasm. No Harrison hunk to kiss behind closed boardroom doors. And it's certainly not working out to be 9 to 5. Way to go to destroy one's own dream.

No comments: