Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dud

I met a guy today. An online friend I'd exchanged two or three emails in the last two months with.

First impressions. Slightly greasy unkept hair. The kind that some guys think is cool, but not. Bleary eyed. Like he'd been partying way too much the night before. Non descript clothes. Didn't look too close cause I'd seen enough. Why is it that foreign men in Taiwan feel they can discard all fashion sense once they spend more than a month here? It's because they're white and can get girls no matter how ugly, poor, uneducated and unkept they are. And this guy knew it.

We sat down in a bar. And without taking even a sip of his drink while I had two, he droned about his work. He says he's an "artist". No sir, you are an engineer with the stupid idea of wanting to make what is essentially a mobile phone into a piece of wearable jewellery. Twat.

He is gay. I don't mean that in a degrogatory way. I mean he IS gay. My gaydar had already peaked from his emails but confirmed by the way he carried on about how he likes girls, really likes girls. Then the freudian slip of repeating a question I hadn't asked. Do you mean if I had a boyfriend, I mean girlfriend? No you schmuck. I said family. FAMILY.

Two hours went by and he had to go. Said he's going out and asked people to go out with him but everybody declined. But he's still going cause it's Wednesday, ladies night.

Go. Be my guest. GO.

1 comment:

Corrinne said...

White man with their big ego! Gosh... Tina... i am not sure I can survive Asia... what have i got myself into?