Tuesday, November 21, 2006

2006 Christmas Parade

The 2006 Christmas Parade came rumbling by at the end of my street on Saturday, so I kinda had to go down and take a look. A friend said to me at work on Monday, "Why? It's pretty sad."

Toronto's parade is one way of describing the city itself - promises of excitement and merriment, followed by disillusionment when presented with a long, drawn out affair where the main man (Santa) didn't even turn to look my way. Ok it was nice to see the kids out and loving it. Bless them, for the world they will inherit.


L: One of many marching bands; R: Ariel.

L: Coca Cola bear; R: Mr Peanut - what a trooper in this age of peanut allergies.

L: This was cool; R: Santa didn't look over this way once! No milk and cookies for him this year.

L: A real yellow school bus; R: The crowd disperses on Bloor St.

3 comments:

Corrinne said...

It looks very cold out there Tina. Everyone has their big coats on. Brrr.... Keep warm! take care :)

Anonymous said...

Wish we had a Christmas parade in Sydney! Joshie would love it!

The Luddite said...

I will admit my blog sounded far too negative than how I really felt about the pararde. I think families out there had a great time. I would take my kids out if I had kids.