Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Weekend 10 - Long, LONG Weekend





As a Canadian public servant I've been privileged to have not only Good Friday off, but also Easter Monday unlike most Canadian workers (I thought in Oz and UK everybody got both days off. Someone confirm?).

Unfortunately I didn't take the opportunity to travel but the long weekend consisted of Deeple and Hellenic's birthdays, April 5th and 6th respectively. Thursday night Deeple and I bonded over pizza and drinks at East Side Mario's (we have inadvertantly ventured back into chain restaurant land!) and had a fabulous time. At the end of the evening Hellenic and Deeple went home to do whatever it is couples do for each other on their birthdays...

Good Friday lunch was spent with Deeple, Hellenic and Steve for all of their very first dim sum experience! Hey no pressure there to wow these critics. I entrusted the choice of restaurant to an usually good street mag and in particular I referred to the Chinese New Year edition which gave this place 3 stars. So that said, I'm ok to announce that the meal did leave all four of our tastebuds wanting.

I was ready to bunker down on Saturday for the weather over the entire weekend was rather bleak. What's better than vegging out in front of the tv feasting on junk food, books and dvds?

My choices of the weekend were:
JUNK FOOD
Cheetos
M&Ms
Leftover pizza (from East Side Mario's)

BOOKS
The Life of Pi
Frommer's Guide to Toronto

DVDS
The Notebook
Raising Victor Vargas
Adaptation

TV MOVIE
Fantastic Four


And I complain about gaining weight...

Come Sunday I was ready to mobilise within an instant of Deeple's phone call. I had been invited for dinner at Ernest and Amar's! If you recall, I spent Thanksgiving with them last year and they are famous for feeding their guests. You are lured by appetisers, swollen with mains, seduced by desserts and corrupted by alcohol. Our meal this time was a vegetarian curry lover's delight - I don't know why tofu repeatedly gets a bad rap in social circles. If tofu was prepared the way they were on Sunday, tofu stock prices would rocket sky high.

As most of the work force returned to the daily grind on Monday, I was happily applying myself and my energies at shopping at Yorkdale. Whilst I had hoped to purchase some lovely new shoes I couldn't quite find a pair that matched my imagination and I came away with a couple of work shirts instead. See, always work on my mind...

So anyway back at work today and have decided to go to Dublin after all since I'll be in London for 10 days why don't do a short jaunt somewhere because when will I have this opportunity again? Logged onto Ryanair and found that prices have already jumped 20 quid so decided this was it no more delay. Have now bought my ticket to go to Dublin on the 21st and back to London on the 23rd. I had looked at some hostels previously and decided to have a quick look again today but still can't decide. Then my brother came online so we chatted for a bit but that only lasted till lunch when I went to have a bite with the girls for our usual chitchat. Afterwards there were personal emails to reply to so I got distracted by that then I remembered I was seeing a movie tonight with Steve so I checked the times and emailed Steve to let him know. Suddenly the day has escaped and it's time to go home. Another working day for Tina.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In Oz, Good Friday & Easter Monday are public holidays. The thing about public holidays is that you get used to them....and then they're gone.....