Monday, May 28, 2007

Weekend 3 - Buzzing Off

Friday night and it was time to meet up with my friend Lorenz, for our once every 2-3 month catch up. Each time we've go somewhere new as part of our exploration of Toronto. This week I chose Panorama, on the 51st floor of the Manulife Centre building on Bay and Bloor. It was an overcast day so the view was a little muggy, but I was still impressed with the vista that looked south towards downtown and the lake. It somewhat reminded me of the view of Manhattan from the Empire State, but this was cosier and closer (and we were sitting and sipping cocktails, so this was far more preferrable). I could imagine myself coming up here all the time. Like Loft in Sydney on King Street Wharf, sitting on deep, leather couches on the balcony on a sunny Sunday afternoon overlooking the boats in Cockle Bay. So it was strange to see this great bar practically empty on a Friday afternoon. Lorenz and I were literally the only two people that saw the afternoon "crowd" (I used the term very loosely) leave and the night time crowd come in. By the time we'd left, most seats were taken, including seats at the bar, but no where near capacity as you'd expect. So so different from a Friday afterwork drinks in London, or Sydney... Ahhh only 2.5 weeks till I leave so excited!!!


L: The view of downtown; M: the balcony; R: I sneaked a pic of a couple on the balcony overlooking the view of downtown.

This weekend was also Sachi's leaving weekend. She and I met at Second Cup, and through her I've met a bunch of great people. We have a Saturday thing ie, we usually meet up on Saturday night for a home-cooked dinner and drinks. Finally the weather has improved that we could have it out on the patio. Toronto is ALL about patios.

We will miss you Sachi, see you in Japan hopefully!

L: Sachi's friend Ai, M: Dave and Nicole; R: Sachi!!!


L: Sachi's boyfriend Dom; M: Dan and Miki 1; R: Miki 2 and Neil. These photos taken by Dave.

No comments: