Thursday, May 03, 2007

Weekend 7 - But Before That...

Weekend 7 was actually just more Hot Docs viewing, though Sunday Zanaida and I were 10 mins late for a film, couldn't work out what it was about and couldn't read the subtitles that were white on mostly pale background so we left half an hour into it. We weren't the first to leave that screening. So it was off to Mexican restaurant El Trompo (featured on tv show Street Eats) to console ourselves in Kensington Market. The sun was shining and the conversation flowed till late afternoon. Nice...

But before the weekend, it was late Wednesday afternoon when my HR manager asked if I could go down to our London office the next day to help out. Before you get too excited, we're talking London, ONTARIO. A two hour train ride away. I was happy to be out of the office to go travelling all expenses paid.

London, Ontario unfortunately isn't the most exciting place on earth. It was grey when I'd arrived, it was very busy at the office and I got to the hotel too exhausted to eat properly. I went out for a walk but I was not anywhere close to downtown, just flattness and vasttness and urban sprawl and mammoth Walmart adjacent to car park adjacent to Loblaws adjacent to car park et al. It was all a little depressing really. That night I got a little homesick for my Toronto place. Me, who loves to travel on her own, got homesick just one night away... how silly is that! Got back on Friday afternoon and had drinks with Steve later that night. I had a few too many and told him I loved him! Did I mean it? Of course I did.


The dreariness of London.

The heaven that was my king size bed.

3 comments:

Corrinne said...

The weather here is a little like your photo now T. Grey.... drizzle. Not cold.. just grey.

Anonymous said...

Funny that you mention the whole love thing because last night there was an episode of an American sitcom about taking back saying "I love you" to somebody.... Debate rages on whether you can/can't take it back once it's uttered......

Anonymous said...

Did you mean that you loved him as a friend? If so, cool, if not, aie!