Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Let's Talk About S.A.D.

Man it was hard getting out of bed this morning. The light walk to work didn't envigorate me either like it usually does when I breathe in the sharp fresh air and seeing the snowy whiteness of the world. Got some Timbits* in the afternoon to try and cheer myself up. Nothing seemed to do the trick.

I think I might be suffering from a mild case of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Light therapy (in essence, sitting in front of a light box) seems to do the trick with 85% success rate (so says Wikipeadia). Or of course there's medication like Prozac.

Apparently Prozac is marketed under a different name in Australia - Lovan. Um... is it just me or does Lovan sound suspiciously like a combination of love and van? Or even a derivative of lovin'? I'm seeing an ocker bloke in an ill-fitting suit using the phrase "Don't come-a knockin' when it's-a rockin' " as his inspiration for this stroke of marketing genius, a throw back to his haydays as a young stud with his panel van.


*Sweet doughy goodness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i don't know if have SAD, i feel fine but it's hard to get to work and out of bed... one this i know helps is video games... although, that doesn't help get the work done.