Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Hello Drinks!

After work we headed out to Hemingway's, a NZ/Oz pub that I've been meaning to go to for a while. The sun broke through the clouds by the time we got there, so we were comfortably set up on the patio. Toronto and her patios. T'is the season.

After work drinks are such great bonding tools. Seeing these guys out made me wish I knew them more outside of work as they are such fun. Fortunately I get the pleasure of Diane's company everyday as our cubicles are side by side, and we converse conveniently through a gap in the partion wall. Lovely Luanne was there too, and with Ryan, who works offsite and who I really only communicate via email with when John is away and I look after some of his stuff when he's gone. We often forget Ryan has a face, voice and limbs too. They gave me a card and a present for my trip to London - how so very cool are they? (Very.) Kathy also gave up on going for her usual after work run and abandoned her child to stay for a second drink. And to that I raise my glass to her dedication to the cause. Rey and Amalia arrived a little later but their presence made me smile. Again what troopers as the sky was foreboding earlier on.

The duo that caused the greatest sensation must be mentioned, were Harvey and Kattrin. Kattrin actually organised both lunch and drinks with such expertise I dare say she brought the sun out too! Kattrin and Harvey took to the drinking like fish to water and showed me what marketing was all about - AND coming up with some great marketing ideas to get a name out. Work related or not, they were full of initiatives that really excited us all. In fact, their razor sharp senses fully developed the Buzz Club, its secret handshakes, code of conduct and merchandising all inclusive and all spur of the moment. I felt privileged to have seen the inception of the Buzz Club and the honour of Lifetime Member bestowed upon me.

What an awesome night out on the Yorkville establishment patio, and thanks to everyone for making Monday a memorable all-day event.

People from top left: Kathy, me, Diane, Rey; Harvey and Kattrin; me looking very lobsterish.

No comments: