Monday, June 04, 2007

Weekend 2 - The Beginning or the End

Friday night I find myself meeting a whole bunch of new people. It's sad to meet people, have a great time, and at the end of the night say, Well, it's been nice knowing you. Have a good life.

Saturday night I have a wonderful dinner with Deeple and Zanaida. We hang out at the West End on balmy summer's night, knowing it'll be the last time I'm ever doing this with these girls.

That's the down-side of travelling. The connections you make that you have to leave behind. But I've said it before, it's reaffirmed my faith in humanity. This world really isn't such a bad place, not especially if I find and connect with good people everywhere. It's open minded people, it's people who are interested in not the microcosm of their lives but sees the full picture. I wish I could collect all the fascinating and beautiful people I've met, put them in a jar like incandescent fireflies that they are, then release them into my night sky at home to continually delight me everyday.


L: Me, Toshi and Tomiko - this after one night, imagine after one week hehe!; R: Carlton - thanks for my invite!

L: Chris getting his birthday shots from Bambi our waitress; R: Kuni showing Chris the intricacies of a linen napkin chicken's anatomy.

No comments: