Saturday, May 17, 2008

Winners and Losers

I was out last night to catch up with a guy I had met at a bar in recent weeks. We had a very quick chat the first time we'd met, then about a week ago we had another quick conversation by phone where we arranged to possibly be at the same bar around the same time.

So last night ensued. It was odd as it was a rather unconvincing arrangement to have made. He was there with his friends and I joined them for a moment to say hi to him. They appeared rather affected. We chatted a minute before his phone rang and while he spoke I was devising my excuses to step back to my friends. Honestly I did not have an opportunity to speak to him properly, but there are certain things you learn about a person by the company they keep.

There was something amiss, and I hate to miss anything.

No comments: