Monday, June 05, 2006

Day 15 - The Clouds Have Gone

Much better mood today than my last post. Was I glad to be outta Split. But the ferry ride was a killer, all 10hrs of it. Met some travellers on the boat, dubbed Team Canada (I call them Teen Canada - will explain shortly) and also a couple of Aussie girls and two Kiwi guys who tagged along with the team. To make the journey a bit more bearable we got wine and I'll admit I was a bit tipsy. Afterwards we headed to our accommodation and I was able to get room with them. Kept drinking at dinner so by time I fell into bed I was a bit gone.

The next day was a real downer. Rain poured non stop. We walked out to get some food and the roads looked like they were flooded. Wasn't very exciting at all. Finally by time dinner came round the sky had cleared and we were driven to a restaurant by our accommodation host. On the way Team Canada and the rest of the kids were chatting away. I felt like I was in some kind of twilight zone! Imagine being stuck in a car with 9 really good wholesome kids, so fresh and innocent you wanna throw up. And their accents make them sound so perky and cheery all the time. Suddenly the whole group starts singing the theme to The Fresh Prince. I had no idea what provoked them and I wanted to laugh at the absurdity of the situation: I was trapped on tour with The Brady Bunch.

Addendum: Zadar won over Split on Saturday and are now in the final. Take that!

No comments: