Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Day 16 - Live from Dubrovnik

Tuesday 6th June 2006

Last day in Croatia. Woke up late but my host had breakfast for me anyway, sweet Croatian grandmother. Was able to upload a backlog of photos. Felt much weight lifted off my shoulders. Sun became perfect for sunbathing so went to my beach. The water was warm. Late afternoon decided to visit Europe's third oldest operating pharmacy but it was closed. But nevermind cause the guy let me into the museum for free. I then tackled the city wall that protected the city from centuries of attack from the Venetians and theTurks. Beautiful views.


My beach

L: My beach; R: Taken on City Wall

Forgot to add that as I was walking on the top of the city wall, I heard singing coming from one of the churches in the town centre. It was coming from a procession that walked along the main thoroughfare to another church. The view and the singing was just perfect timing, as if it was performed for my benefit. It was near dusk and flocks of swallows were doing fly bys by me. How do I describe that moment when you feel everything in the world is good and in its rightful place?


L: View of Dubrovnik from City Wall. Note the specks on top left, they're swallows, R: The singing procession as they exit from church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been pissing down with rain here the last couple of days so I envy your blue skies & breathtaking views! I can almost smell the fresh cool air from your photos :)

Corrinne said...

Your camera takes really nice photos :)