Sunday, June 18, 2006

Day 27 - New Adventure

Saturday 17th June 2006

I can't believe three days in Budapest have flown by and I'm already leaving this town. The next few days are a change from my original plans, as one of my best friends I call Pablo Escobar sprung a bit of a surprise on me to say that he was in Europe for the World Cup. I quickly rearranged my itinery to meet up with him in Berlin on the 20th. As such I will only visit Bratislava for a few hours then back on the train to Vienna. I will stay in Vienna for a couple of days then I fly (what luxury!) to Berlin. I guess you want to see some pics and perhaps some thoughts on Budapest?


L: View from Fisherman's Bastion; L: Statue outside the Palace/National Gallery.


L: House of Terror Museum; R: Parliment House on the Danube.


L: Interior of St Stephen's Basilica; M: Lamp post outside National Gallery; R: Hungarian Flag on Chain Bridge.

It's been a very cool three days. My Budapest adventure started even before I got to the city itself. Sara, an Italian girl living in Budapest was staying at my hostel in Belgrade. She suggested that I go back with her on the overnight train and she would take me out and show me a couple of places. During the day I'd do my tourist thing and at night she's taken me to some pretty funky places to drinks. How bout a ram-shackle building that's about to be demolished? Think cool squatters and second hand furniture and oil barrel fires and projections on walls.

Nice.

No comments: