Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Day 22 - Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OI!

What a win!!! Did you see the game? Australia vs Japan, 3-1. What a fantastic last 8 minutes. My recently aquired travel buddy Dan and I had a victory feast and it looked like this :


L: Bread, tuna mayo, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, smoked ham, crisps, beer; R: UK Dan who lives in Oslo.



Top: Sign saying it's not safe, but Grandma on right is proving otherwise.
Bottom L: Main pedestraian shopping street in Belgrade; R: Dan being a statue at the fortress.

There were just two more photos I wanted to add from Sarajevo and here they are. THe restaurant Roland and I ate at was such an unexpected find. So cozy and the beautifully presented food was delicious. All the vegetables were a very nice change to all the burek (pastry commonly filled with meat or cheese) and cevapi (sausages served with naan-like bread) we have been eating.

The one on the right is a picture of Merima, my Bosnian internet friend whom I only met for the first time 4 days ago. She was so generous and friendly that I was so grateful to know her. I hope to keep in contact with her forever.


L: Welsh Roland at dinner; R: Merima, my beautiful Bosnian friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Aussie win over Japan is going off here! It's all everyone talks about :)

Anonymous said...

HI Tina!

Seems like you're having a great time in Belgrade:) I also watched Japan-USA, it was pretty good.
Thnx for the photo, and your blog is good, this way I can see what a wonderful time you're having....take care

Anonymous said...

Aussie, aussie, aussie, oi, oi, oi!